Holiday trip check-up
Before you head off on a long trip over the holidays, it pays to do a check for possible problems in your car.
- Tyre pressures: It’s so easy to forget, but correct tyre pressure is important for a number of reasons (to gain optimal balance between fuel economy and tyre-grip on the road). We’ll check your tyre pressures, correct for your make and expected loads.
- Coolant. Those long traffic delays can play havoc with your engine, overheating. We’ll check and top up with the correct coolant.
- Battery. Why burn your fingers or ruin your clothes from batteryacid. Get us to check properly, and top-up with the correct electrolyte.
- Spare tyre pressure (have you checked it lately? If you get a puncture, it’s too late to find that your spare is also flat).
- Fan-belts. Loose fan belts can reduce air-conditioning cooling, cause heavier (power) steering, all while significantly reducing the life of the belts (leading to vehicle breakdown).
- Engine, power-steering and automatic transmission oil. Make sure it’s up to the correct level. In hot conditions, sufficient oil in your engine helps keep the engine cool and properly lubricated.
- Remember to have your mobile phone car-charger. For long trips this can be invaluable item, particularly if your car breaks down or gets a flat and you need to call road-side assistance. Low-cost after-market chargers are typically available from leading department stores (e.g. Big W).
Call James on (02) 6332 6449 and arrange a time for us to check your car, while you wait (estimated check-up time 20-30 minutes.